Sunday, November 15, 2009

San Luis Potosi – My beautiful hometown

Often when people find an accent on my speak I get the same questions:

Where are you from?

I am from México

Where about?

San Luis Potosí

Where is that?

My hometown is actually the belly button of México.

 

In 11 years I have been living in Canada I have only encountered 3 persons who have been in my hometown. Today I have the opportunity to finally showcase some images of my favourite spots in my hometown, and I have to say that  the downtown core of San Luis Potosi is one of the most beautiful in the country.

 

My hometown as I mention before is the city of San Luis Potosi, the state capital, you will see unique architecture and can visit amazing museums with very interesting collections.   San Luis Potosi was founded in the colonial era during the mining boom. As you check out the streets and buildings, you’ll realize that the magic and charm of older times has been preserved.

 

 

San Luis Potosi 012 Theatre of the Peace – Neoclassical Style

 

imageEl Carmen – Churrigueresco Style Church

 

San Luis Potosi 011Contemporary Art Museum – MAC

Currently hosting the exhibition “De Picasso a Rothko”

 

San Luis Potosi 017 Metropolitan Cathedral

 

image Palacio de Gobierno

 

La-Lonja-2La Lonja – High Society Club

 

San Luis Potosi 016 San Francisco Church

 

imagePlaza de Aranzazu

 

image Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí

 

image Casa de La Cultura

 

 

Next time you visit México I invite you to visit my hometown

SAN LUIS POTOSI

 

.