Monday, October 26, 2009

Royal Copenhagen Sale

You KNOW that I love my Royal Copenhagen Blue Fluted Half Lace china and my White Half Lace pieces that I was given last year. So I was thrilled to see that Royal Copenhagen is having a “friends and family” sale in New York next month. I may just have to Bolt up there and see what they have.white-half-laceIt’s a pretty amazing sale with up to 70% off of their samples, discontinued pieces and unboxed merchandise. If you’ve ever priced Royal Copenhagen, this brings it down to a somewhat reasonable cost. blue-fluted-half-laceHere’s something pretty amazing: The brushes used by the Royal Copenhagen porcelain painters are made from the hairs at the tip of a cow’s ears or alternatively the hairs from a reindeer’s stomach. flora-danicaThe sale is November 2nd to 6th, from 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at 41 Madison Avenue, Third Floor, New York City. 212.532.5051. Cash and cheques only. They ask that you be green and bring your own shopping bag.